Friday, August 8, 2008

Sunsets on the Malecon








Summer is a great time for sunsets here.  Because it usually clouds up at night and rains, the sky has some texture and every night is like a new painting.  I met my friend Gustavo for tacos one night and we walked from old town  following the malecon by the ocean and stopping on the big bridge to stand and wait for the sunset.  Every 10 minutes it kept getting better and better.  I really felt lucky to see such beauty every day if I want.

I was also lucky to spend the next day with my little sister Eva, pictured here - whose family came to visit and stayed in a villa at Conchas Chinas.  It was total luxury (as you can tell by the pics) and so welcome.  We hung out by the pool and ate fresh fruit all afternoon, and then a dinner of pasta primavera.  Everyone was so nice to me.  I had to leave early as I needed to get ready to pack for Guadalajara and leave on the bus that night.  More blessings to count.

No comments: