Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring in Sonoma








  Well I'm in Calfornia.  How did that happen you ask?
While in Yelapa,  I met the most amazing guys Jonathan and Joe, from San Francisco who had won a trip and were staying at a cool palapa called Casa Capomo.  I showed them around Yelapa and of course we had to go to the Yacht Club, where everyone dances to their own drummer.

Sensitive and sweet, they invited my girlfriend Donna, who had come to Yelapa for a couple of days from Vallarta -  to stay with them in their spacious palapa, since she couldn't find a room and I hadn't moved into my new place yet.  They are full of love for life and each other and we laughed for 2 days straight.  They came to opening night of Sushi Sundays and I was their guide to the top of the waterfall.  When they left, they invited us to visit them in S.F. and to come with them to the New Orleans Jazz Festival in April.   So I said yes.  Donna will be coming in a couple of weeks.
I have only been to S.F. once but never to the beautiful countryside. It's stunning.  I feel like a princess.  It's nice to see spring again and smell the freshness in the air, of blossoms, of tree buds, of lilacs (my favourite) and to see cool trees like oaks, acacia, and bay.  I'm in tree heaven.
I have a view of a pretty lake, my own room, and use of an awesome car with a gps.  Just what a directionless girl like me needs!
I've even been inspired to cook, and with the choice of amazing food in the markets (I lost my mind in the imported cheese section yesterday) it's a pleasure.  It helps to have a real kitchen. Somehow not having to lug purified water up a long hill nor boil it to get it warm, nor disinfect the produce first - has made life easier all of sudden.  But don't get me wrong; I miss Mexico terribly and leaving Yelapa was one of the strangest and difficult things I've done in a while.
Plus, there might be French cheese here, but there are no tostadas that even come close to those at the Bahia cafe in Yelapa, and I've not yet had chilaquiles that equal those at Cafe Olla in Vallarta.  Dont' even get me started about the tortilla soup at Celida's Eclipse Cafe in Yelapa. There is no equal.
All food aside, I miss the people and the connections I made in Yelapa.  I miss the energy and the love.  My love is being sent to Keradwyn, Paul, Dan, Felix, Linda and Eric, Pamela, Isaac, Alex, Shakti, Daniel, Veronica, Aurora, Rangel, Gavin, Elena, Hermelinda, Alejandro, Philipo, Jaime and to all those who have already left.  I'll be back, but right now, it's really cool to be in a different place for awhile, with more loving friends.  I am blessed to have loving friends in many places.

Pictures here are of the just coming into bud vineyards, and the beautiful orange poppy  (I think the county or state flower.)  Reminds me of the Okanagan, but greener and with the most amazing round and rolling hills. Those oak trees are stunning.  Last pic is Jonathan and Joe in their Yelapa palapa.

Beauty abounds. 
 

No comments: