Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Puerto Vallarta & Botanical Gardens



Leaving Yelapa was a difficult thing to do.  I felt like I was leaving home.  I've been in Puerto Vallarta for a few days, chilling before I go off to visit friends who have generously invited me to travel in California and beyond.  Vallarta is just a boat ride away from Yelapa, but it might as well be on the other side of the world, they are so different.  I have to admit, it's been nice to have hot water, white crisp sheets and the luxury of hanging by a pool.  Perhaps I am more of a princess than I thought.  hm..
My very dear friend Jonathan, from San Francisco, has been hanging with me, and we went one day to the Botanical Gardens, filled with flowers, trees, a hot and sunny walk along a river, on a trek through the jungle, leading to some small white water over rocks where we were able to swim with nobody else around.  It was a quiet day at the gardens.  At the main kiosk with a restaurant there was a long rectangular pool with fountain and giant koy.  It was so lovely to experience the local flora.  And in the end, we luckily were able to avoid the hot and never on time bus and hitch the 20 minute ride back from a kind lady who runs the gift shop.  We arrived at the hotel in Mismaloya, just in time to have a pedicure.  This is a complete contrast to my last two months and it has been awesome.

No comments: