Sunday, April 13, 2008

San Fran & Sonoma










More pics of this beautiful area.  I met an amazing woman named Charlotte, who is Jonathan's sister.  She graciously hosted us one night and day in Sonoma.  She has the most perfect house with the most gorgeous garden in a perfect setting and to top it all off, the sweetest dog named Poco.  It was nice to get some puppy snuffles.  Her guestroom had the softest sheets I've ever slept in.  I could have stayed there and fallen asleep into oblivion for quite some time.  The Sonoma film festival was on and Charlotte introduced me to a documetary film about a woman whose life changed after a one week vacation to Mexico.  It documents why so many north americans are leaving their lives behind and living in Mexico.  I could totally relate.  
Jonathan took me to the Haight one day also, and we had a blast (well at least I did) looking into all the cool shops and there are so many awesome thrift stores.  I got a hat for 5 bucks!
It was a beautiful sunny day and it was a feast for the eyes.  Jonathan lost his mind in a shoe store, so it wasn't all one-sided.  However, he is indeed quite patient and tolerated my doddling ways.  We found a cool Mexican place for an early dinner and then drove through the latin section of town on the way back.  Somehow I felt like I got a fix.

Some pics here are of Sonoma, San Fran and Charlotte's dog Poco.

No comments: